Hello, MySQL gurus,
Since I have been moving data around using mysqldump recently, I have found sth annoying:
If a table has a column defined as 'float not null' and the corresponding txt file used to load it have sth like 'nan' for the column, although giving warnings, the record will be loaded and the column looks like 'nan' by using mysqlimport. But if you do mysqldump, it puts a 'null' in the column for the insert statement, which fails the later mysql < mysqldump (cuz the table definition does not allow it).
But mysqldump option to produce .sql and .txt file does not allow write to mounted file server or remote machine. SO the mysql machine has to have enough space to do it locally. It can be tough for a huge database.
Have anyone had this problem before?
THank you for help
ginger