De: Lawrence Strydom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: Viernes, 23 de Julio de 2004 09:09 a.m.
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: spatial data in MySQL

Hi List,

I have been looking for solutions to my problem for a while and this
morning someone told me that MySQL 5.1 might be the answer.
In short what I need is an interactive map displayed in a web browser.
Users should be able to click on any point in the map and add text. The
map and the data added by the users must reside in a database so that I
can run reports against it. FOr example,I will want to generate a report
containing all the data added by users between two points on the map.
Typically this will be a road and the data added by the users will include
variables such as road conditions, location of road work crews, etc.
Am I on the right track with MySQL or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks

--
Lawrence Strydom
Open Source Software Solutions Consultant

News and Info on the Garden Route at http://wildnews.gardenrouteinfo.com