Create a seperate table called member_interests or something similar

Store one member_id and one interest_id (or whatever you have your PKs
named) in each row.

This is similar to an order entry system, which typically has one
table for order_headers and one for order_detail.  The order_header
table contains things like an order_id, the order_number, the
customer, the selected address, etc..  The order_detail table contains
the items that are on the order.