I have not been able to link my app writen in Visual Objects to lymysqld (version
4.1.13) I got an error in the sever_init

mysql_server_init(0, NULL_PTR, NULL_PTR); the prototype is defined as

_dll function mysql_server_init( nInt as Int, arg as PTR, grp as PTR) as Int
Pascal:libmysqld.mysql_server_init

I decided to recompile the library, particularly version 5.0 (I read also in this
group that version 4.1.13 is not compilable with VS) of mysql and I got the following
errors after compilining it with Visual studio 2003:

Linking....\libmysqld.def(2) : warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported
for the target platform; ignored   Creating library ../lib_debug/libmysqld.lib and
object ../lib_debug/libmysqld.expclient.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol _vio_new_win32shared_memory referenced in function
_create_shared_memoryclient.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vio_description referenced in function _net_safe_readclient.obj : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol _vio_poll_read referenced in function
_cli_mysql_real_connectclient.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _vio_new
referenced in function _cli_mysql_real_connectclient.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _vio_new_win32pipe referenced in function
_cli_mysql_real_connectnet_serv.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vio_fd referenced in function _my_net_init../lib_debug/libmysqld.dll : fatal error
LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

I included the two preprocessors as stated elsewhere in this newgroup:  SAFEMALLOC
andSAFE_MUTEX

IS version 4.1.13 or 5.0 compilable with Visual studio?  Do I need to run a script
mysql_config since version 4.1.13 and version 5.0 of mysql already includes a folder
libmysqld for embedded server?

If I have to run mysql_config, ho do I run it in windows (it is not recognized as a
batch script)

Regards

Hernando