Re: INNODB SHOW STATUS
From: Marc Slemko (marcsznep.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 10:29:44 CDT

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Emmett Bishop wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> Quick question about what I'm seeing in the BUFFER
> POOL AND MEMORY section...
>
> I've configured the innodb_buffer_pool_size to be 128M
> and when I do a show variables like 'innodb%' I see
>
> | innodb_buffer_pool_size | 134217728 |
>
> So that looks good. However, I see the following in
> the BUFFER POOL AND MEMORY section of the output from
> the innodb monitor:
>
> ----------------------
> BUFFER POOL AND MEMORY
> ----------------------
> Total memory allocated 152389988; in additional pool
> allocated 1048576
> Buffer pool size 8192
> Free buffers 0
> Database pages 7947
> Modified db pages 0
> Pending reads 0
> Pending writes: LRU 0, flush list 0, single page 0
> Pages read 20345325, created 9857, written 763089
> 0.00 reads/s, 0.00 creates/s, 0.00 writes/s
> Buffer pool hit rate 1000 / 1000
>
> Why does it say the buffer pool size is only 8M?
> Shouldn't it be 128M? Also, could someone explain the
> hit rate? I remember seeing in someone's recent post
> that the 1000/1000 is good, but I don't know what that
> means. Can someone suggest a good resouce that
> explains the contents of Innodb show status in detail.
> The page on www.mysql.com gives a very cursory
> overview of the output.
Buffer pool size, free buffers, database pages, and modified database
pages are in 16k pages.
The buffer pool hit rate simply says the fraction of page reads
satisfied
from the innodb buffer cache, in this case 1000/1000 == 100%.
Unfortunately, I'm not really aware of a better reference. Perhaps some
of this is explained in "High Performance MySQL", but I don't have a
copy yet.