Hi!

sync will not help.

You can run SHOW INNODB STATUS\G to monitor when InnoDB has flushed its
buffer pool.

Best regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL support from http://www.mysql.com/support/index.html