put the following option in your my.cnf on the slave in order to ignore errors. Just use the error-numbers you'd like to ignore:
slave-skip-error=1053

Jan

Jim Nachlin wrote:

Is there any way within mysql to have the slaves not stop replicating on an error. For some reason, my application is trying to insert duplicate keys. This fails and the slaves stop replicating from the master. Ideally, the command that failed would just be skipped automatically and the whole system keeps going.

If there's no way to fix this problem, has anyone come up with a workaround, like some sort of clever script that will keep things replicating?

Thanks,
        Jim