Hi,

I configured MySQL to compile as a 64bit executable on a Sun Ultra10. I set all up as per the installation instructions and created/installed the startup scripts:

- /etc/init.d/mysql
- /etc/rc3.d/S99mysql
- /etc/rc0.d/K01mysql

The MySQL daemon failed to start at system startup. The log file contained the following...

040725 21:27:55 mysqld started
ld.so.1: /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: fatal: libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
040725 21:27:56 mysqld ended

Using Webmin (browser sys admin - www.webmin.com) in an attempt to start MySQL resulted in the following error:

The MySQL client program /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql could not be run because it could not find the MySQL shared libraries.
Check the module configuration and make sure the Path to MySQL shared libraries is set.

The command /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -V returned :

ld.so.1: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.5: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

The library path is correctly set. I can however start/stop and successfully interact with MySQL from the command line!

I know what the error indicates, but I don't know how to correct this so that the server starts/stops automatically.

Please help.

Thanks

Graeme