How is this table accessed and updated? Do you have file contention issues?
Is the MySQL message 145?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Boeger
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 7/30/04 9:40 AM
Subject: File size limit exceeded, Linux/MySQl-4.0.20-i686-icc

Hello everybody,

We have a few Linux/MySQL boxes and recently we have been having some
problems with one of our databases. We have checked out the usual things
(hardware, disk quotas, table limits etc...) and we have spent several
days looking over newsgroups and other postings with no luck. We are
hoping that someone could offer some ideas.

What we are seeing is the database shuts down with the following error:
"File size limit exceeded" and thats all we get. After we repair the db
and bring it up a few minutes later MySQL shuts down, again, with that
same error and all the web servers get the usual 145 error.

We are aware that the file size limit on Linux/2.4.x/ext3/MySQL is much
larger than our database, right now only 17Gb, but what other reasons
would mysql shutdown with "File size limit exceeded" errors?

Details

Server: RedHat 7.3  kernel: 2.4.20-20 dual Xeon, using ext3
Database size: 17Gb
Index file size: 500Mb
MySQL: MySQl-4.0.20-i686-icc  binary downloaded from mysql.com our
tables are myisam only (no innodb).

I was going to post this to the bugs list but we cannot really reproduce
it. Any help would be appreciated!

-nb