Hi

I'm brand new to this list, so please forgive me if I'm wasting everybodies
time :-).

I've used a couple of days tracking this one down and just thought I would
share it if anyone is strugling with the same problem.

Running :
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p5
Apache 2.0.50
PHP 4.3.8
MySQL 4.0.20
...and different (mainly newer) versions of the CMS called PostNuke, my
apache childs died on index.php with this in the Apache error log: child pid
xxxxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11). I tracked it to a PHP function
call to MySQL (in some PostNuke database include)

Tried:
- older Apache - even 1.3 branch
- older PHP - 4.3 and 4.2.3
- other server (100% different hardware)

Solution (or work around if you like) is apparently to configure PHP using
--with-mysql (was using --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql before). Don't know if
it is PHP or MySQL related...

Hope this will make it to the list and archive and save some time for
someone one day...

Feel free to ask any further questions...

If someone would like me to try different stuff it 100% reproduceable and I
will have a test server with the correct setup for the next week or so (the
production server will be around for longer, but I don't like messing around
with it too much :-) ).

By the way - thank You for a great product

Regards
    Gert Lynge