I hope I'm not opening an old can of worms here, but there are some
design trade-offs in this decision.  ENUM has the strong advantage of
being able to constrain the contents to the specific expected values.
It is not possible for an application insert an illegal value whereas
using INT one would have to explicitly add a contraint to accomplish the
same thing .  The drawback is that ENUM is not standard SQL making your
application non-portable to other RDBMS.

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 08:14, Cemal Dalar wrote:
> There was a discussion about this topic at past. Check the previous posts.As
> a simple answer they are technically the same. Use what ever you want..
>

> Best Regards,
> Cemal Dalar a.k.a Jimmy
> System Administrator & Web Developer
> http://www.dalar.net