Which mysql username did you use to log in? I've not used mysql on Windows, but I expect that if you simply ran mysqlshow on a new install, you'd connect as the anonymous user. The anonymous user only has rights to the test db, so that's all you'd see. Try

  mysqlshow -u root

or, if you've set the root password,

  mysqlshow -u root -p

instead.

Michael

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've just downloaded 4.0.20 for windows
Installed on the D: drive. Set up an .ini pointing at D: drive
Ran D:\mysql\bin\mysqld
When I then ran mysqlshow I only had the test database, not the mysql
database as the documentation said I should.
I then deleted everything and installed again, and got the same result.
Does this mean the installation has failed ?
Dave
UK