I haven't used load data infile much, mainly because of issues like this
question. I want to load a bunch of data for our data warehouse into about 10
different tables. But when I load a parent table, an auto_increment column
autogenerates a value that will be a foreign key in a child table. So i cant
create the file to load into the child table until after the parent table has
been loaded. Then i'll need to get back all the auto increment values just
created, and put them into the load file for the child tables.
Is this how it has to be, or am i missing something?

thanks much
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]