On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 02:46:50PM -0500, rdo mail list address wrote:
> Is the MySQL Reference Manual, by Widenius and Axmark (the one to which
> there is a link on the Documentation page of the mysql website, for sale by
> Barnes and Noble) the same reference manual that you can download?
>
> The PDF version has 1310 pages, the softcover book has 712 pages, and I'm
> not sure that they're the same.  I like to have an actual book so that I
> can take it with me and study in places where I have to waste some time
> waiting.
>
> But I suspect the online manual is more up to date than the published book,
> and wanted to confirm whether that is true.

The MySQL Reference Manual published by O'Reilly is the same reference
manual as the website -- as it existed when it was published in June
2002. The manual has been updated quite extensively since then.

Two new books have just been published under the MySQL Press imprint that
are derived from the online manual. You can find more information about
them at http://www.mysqlpress.com/

Jim Winstead
MySQL AB