From: Nathan Pierce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 5:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SQLException: Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception:
(java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:3306 connect,resolve)

I am trying to connect to a database which is being served off of my machine
(same one I am using to connect to it).  It works fine when I do-
System.out.println(rs.getString("D.Name") );- and it prints it out in an
application.  But when I try to output it in an applet, it gives me this error:

SQLException: Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception:
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission
127.0.0.1:3306 connect,resolve)
SQLState: 08S01
VendorError: 0

Does anyone know what this means, or how to fix this?

       Thanks in advance,
                    Nathan E. Pierce