after lokking at this, it appears that our float(11,9) columns cannot store an number larger than 100 or smaller than -100. the database is rounding the number! If we insert numbers -100 < x < 100, then its fine.

is there a configuration setting somewhere, or is this a known bug?

thanks

jeff

Jeff Mathis wrote:
after upgrading from 4.0.4 to 4.1.3, we noticed that some of our float(11,9) columns refused to store anything other than the numer -100 or the number 100, even though the insert or update sql clearly specifies other numbers. We've tried dropping the table and reloading the data -- same problem. we're using Connector/J to load the data.

is this a know issue?

jeff

--
Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.                      505-955-1434
Prediction Company                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]