Schalk Neethling wrote:

I run the following type of query against it:

SELECT * FROM documents WHERE MATCH (content) AGAINST
('demyer Padgham robinson') AND doctype = 'Motion' AND jstate = 'California:
State Court' OR jdistrict = 'Circuit Court: Federal, California'

SELECT * FROM documents WHERE MATCH (content) AGAINST
('demyer Padgham robinson') AND doctype = 'Motion' AND ( jstate = 'California:
State Court' OR jdistrict = 'Circuit Court: Federal, California' )

For some reason even when doctype is not equal to Motion it still returns these documents. Can someone please let me know where I am going wrong?
The most important thing about the query is that first only documents that match the doctype should be returned so I suppose before even bothering to check the rest of the query only those documents should be found. How do I go about ensuring that only documents that matches the doctype is returned and no other documents.

Thanks for any help on this.