Sorry, Connecting M$ ASP to MySQL is what I meant. (just noticed the
misunderstanding statement in subject line. My apologies)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 9:46 AM
To: Scott Hamm
Cc: 'Mysql ' (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Microsoft's ASP/SQL combo

Scott,

I think you posted to the wrong group ;-). This is the group for MySQL not
MS SQL Server (two totally different products)!

You can find MANY examples for making ASP connections from the MSDN site
(that's where I got all of mine the first few times I needed to make them
work).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Use the search features. It will probably take you two or three tries to
figure out exactly _how_ to ask for what you need. IMHO, MS has done a
crappy job of keeping their information organized and available. There are
several different libraries you can use to connect your ASP site (BTW, you
never said if you were using Jscript, VBScript, PERL, PHP,
somekinda-dot-net-language...) to an MS SQL Server database (or to several
other database for that matter)

IF you are trying to connect to a MySQL database... that's a different story
(but you still didn't say which language you were using)

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine