hi all,

i'm developing a web based application under r-g linux 9 with MySQL 3.23.54a-11. i
have planned to upgrade it to 4.0.20. it seems that if i keep the current version of
MySQL running for more than 8 hrs, it times out with the web-server (tomcat 4.x) and
dies out. due to this, i have had inconveniences using MySQ in my project. i have to
restart the mysql server after every 7-8 hrs if i have to keep the application running
for a longer time. can anybody please help me out with increasing the time-out factor
of MySQL.

refgards,
mahesh