From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 2:35 PM
To: Scott Hamm; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: type=heap problem...

At 13:40 -0400 8/9/04, Scott Hamm wrote:
>Hmm... while researching for table=heap; I found the following, and tried
>implement to no avail... So I tried that example and yet failed...
>
>http://builder.com.com/5100-6388-1058872.html
>
>Subtitled "Flipping the switch"

You might want to read the section in the MySQL manual that discusses
MEMORY (HEAP) tables:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/HEAP.html

This item is relevent to your situation:

MEMORY doesn't support AUTO_INCREMENT columns before MySQL 4.1.0.

So I would guess that you're running MySQL 3.23.x or 4.0.x.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA