Curtis Stanford wrote:

The last week or so I've had problems with my backend that I've never seen before. Occasionally, programs that are scheduled to be recorded are only partially recorded. Perhaps only the last 10-20 minutes will be recorded. Sometimes, the program will not be recorded at all (if it's a 1/2 hour program).

Different parts of mythtv seem confused as to what's going on during one of these recordings. The 'Watch Recordings' screen does not show the program being recorded but the 'Upcoming Recordings' shows the program highlighted and indicates that it is being recorded. The HTTP interface to the backend also does not show any recording taking place. If I try to watch Live TV, it says all inputs are being used by a recording. The backend itself shows no video file being written to.

It's hard to pin down but seems to happen most when I'm watching another recording when the new one is supposed to start. I've been running this backend for a long time and have never seen a problem like this. I'm running the latest CVS and my backend is separate from the frontends.

Any ideas appreciated.

Curtis

I started seeing the same problem when I upgraded from Dec 8 CVS to Dec 12 CVS. I'm running now with -v record,schedule, but I don't have a debug version on my backend so I can't get a backtrace for a while.