Jesper Sörensen wrote:

John wrote:

I am using a FF card, and as far as I can see it does not work in TS mode (??). I believe it needs a hardware hack to record TS (??).

I was pretty sure it was trying to open two streams , so I further edited dvbrecorder.cpp to NOT pick up a default stream, so in this example, because the Spanish track is properly marked, and the Preffered Language is set to eng, then it has no flagged audio tracks before it hits the hard coded If statements. This works :-), however it does mean that Myth locks up when it is on another channel with no eng track :-).

Did you try the patch I sent to -dev earlier today? With that patch (and your hard coded override) you *should* get both streams properly in PS and you can change tracks in the player with the '+' key. Let me know how it works out.

Sorry, didnt see you had posted a patch until your reply :-[

It nearly works :-). I have 7 test channels, 3 which work normally, with 2 languages in the PMT. For those, only the single prefered language is available. (as you might expect, as the auto-pid code specifically skips the other audio pids).
The 4 others, that have only 1 language in the PMT, and the other 4 are hard coded in, work as you describe.

However the results are rather flakey, with lots of audio buffer overflow happening in some cases. I will play with it a bit more, but it is certainly a step closer :-).

Later- Havingplayed around it seems that the problem now is in mythfrontend not playing back the stream properly. Generally seems to play back well with one audio track, and cause the audio buffer overflows with the other. The good news is that i generally watch TV on my Hauppage MVP, and that plays the streams back (in either Language :-) ) perfectly.

Until there is a database option for choosing the pids, hardcoding the extra PIDS seems to work, as does your patch. Thanks a lot !