> > If your C3 can't keep up with the shows you're recording even after

> Actually, the CPU is hardly being used while a show is being recorded
> because I have a PVR350.  It is also usually at 30% while watching a
> show because of the hardware assisted mpeg encoding on the EPIA board.
>  So it should be able to do semi-realtime flagging fairly well.  I
> didn't know about this feature existed so I'm going to go implement it
> right now and see how it turns out.
>
> Thanks,
> -> Fritz

So you can play a file with only 30% utilization because you're using
hardware decoding, but how much CPU does it take if you turn off
the hardware assisted decoding since that's what matters?  In order
to flag a recording, the commercial flagger has to decode and "play"
the recording and it can't do this using the hardware assist, so it
will take quite a bit more CPU.  I don't know how much though.

--

Chris