I don't personally see an advantage in optimising the scan, it's something you only really need to do once. Probably better to catch all cases than save a bit of time?

Probably, though "a bit of time" can be 4.4 minutes out of 11.

Also interesting to note my scan picked up all transports at the correct frequency, but I don't think the old nova-t PLL* can shift too far from the centre frequency. Maybe the issue with other cards could be driver related too - which cards are you using Nigel?

In this case, Aver 771 and DVICO FusionHDTV Lite. Both MT352 based. I will try to remember to take an old card home this weekend.

--
Nigel Pearson, [EMAIL PROTECTED]| "Let's see how Spike is going"
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia | ...