Taylor> Your carrier is not sending PSIP at all.. There is supposed to
Taylor> be data on the 1FFB PID, and that is why the scan is hanging..

Kyle> This happened again tonight on WFXT (Boston area FOX affiliate).
Kyle> There needs to be a workaround for this: I'm perfectly willing to
Kyle> deal with the extra space taken up by recording the entire
Kyle> transport stream; I'm not willing to deal with a zero-byte file in
Kyle> place of the program I wanted to watch.

Hi Kyle,

I was having frequent issues recording from WFXT in PS mode, probably
the same as you (though I'm using an HD2000 with DVB drivers).  It was
characterized by "No data from card in 1 second" messages for the
duration of the recording.  I switched to using TS mode a couple of
weeks ago and have had no problems since.

I had tried changing the PMT timeout in dbvchannel.cpp from 3 seconds to
15, but that didn't help.  If Taylor's statement that it's due to
missing PID 1FFB is correct (my backend logs seem to support that), then
it's not suprising.

Kyle> Doug, how difficult would it be to switch to TS recording after 15
Kyle> seconds of no data on the attempted PS recording?  If it's a lot,
Kyle> I will do some digging myself, but pointers would be appreciated.

Sounds interesting, but I think I read that the PS mode for recordings
from DVB is likely to be removed, so it might not be worth spending too
much time on it.

  Steve.
--
Steve Bower - IT/EHS Unix Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The ideas presented herein aren't necessarily the ideas presented herein.