Terry Barnaby wrote:
Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 21:41 +0100, Terry Barnaby wrote:

My enclosed attachments show some part of the sequence before changing
the channel (working1) and the first bit after (bug1).
The Via XvMC system gets a XvMCLoadQMatrix(),XvMCBeginSurface()
sequence then a lot of XvMCFlushSurface(), XvMCSyncSurface() (Getting
rid of buffers ????) then a XvMCPutSlice2() that fails as it no
longer owns the decoder (No XvMCBeginSurface() after the last XvMCSyncSurface().

See my last message. I think the new channel change implementation may remove this problem, since we won't delete the context at all.
But we will delete and create surfaces one at a time, so this may
cause other problems.

-- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I don't think there is an issue with closing and re-opening the
context in XvMC VLD. So I am note sure your channel change
system will affect the problem.

There appears to be a more fundemental problem in avcodec after
a channel change.
The XVMC_VLD_field_end() function is continuely called without
any XVMC_VLD_field_start() calls. It appears that avcodec is
trying to decode garbage ....

Terry

Hi Another point of information,

If the DVB-T frond end is set to PS rather than TS mode then
the channel change happens and XvMC VLD carries along quite happily
without any "This context does not own decoder!" messages.
The Vido output does fall over with a " Timed out waiting for free
video buffers" after a bit though.

There are other MythTv issues with av_remove_stream() could this
be something to do with the problem ....

Terry