On May 1, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Jason Flynn G7OCD wrote:

Does this square with what other folks are seeing?

I'm using XvMC on Nvidia and I'm seeing/hearing similar things. I've been getting major stuttering when the OSD is on when I have GL-sync on. If I recompile without GL-sync the OSD runs smooth.

I just started using XvMC because I just got an Nvidia 5200. I also have worse performance with the openGL sync turned on (with or without OSD). Although I am running on a rather underpowered system, the cpu usage is almost exactly the same with or without XvMC enabled. Let me know if any logs would be helpful.

Geoff