Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
9. My MythTv config line is:
        ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-xvmc-vld --cpu=i686\
        --enable-dvb-eit --enable-dvb\
        --dvb-path=/data/src/MythTv/include; qmake mythtv.pro
        Note: "--cpu=i686" is needed to get MMX working.

This seems to be the opposite of what you want. The i686 CPU is a
a pre-MMX cpu and is not compatible with the c3. The c3 and c3-2
CPU's both do have MMX. If you want a single binary for both the
c3 and c3-2, you probably want to use --arch=pentium-mmx

PS If this is with the 0.18 release and not CVS, then you should use
c3 or c3-2 and add --enable-mmx, since these processors had not yet
been added to the mmx CPU's list when 0.18 went out.

-- Daniel

Actually, using --cpu=i686 does enable MMX, at least in MythTv CVS 2005-04-23.

This seemed the most appropriate for my use to cover the CPU's
on all of my client systems including the Via M10K.
I had issues with setting --arch=pentium-mmx that does cause
illegal instruction crashes with the Via M10K.

I do think there are still issues and a lack of information
on what settings should be used for configure ...

Terry