Terry Barnaby schreef:

The current MythTV CVS with XvMC VLD decoding crashes when changing
a channel.
This is due to to the test to see if a valid XvMC port is available
in the static function VideoOutputXv::GetBestSupportedCodec() on lines
820->838. This fails on a channel change as the latest XvMC code
does not close down the XvMC port and so no ports are available for the
test.
I'm not sure where is functionality should be put
(VideoOutputXv::InitXvMc() ?) so I have put a "#ifdef" around this
code.
A patch to fix this is enclosed, but as stated, the code really
needs a better change.

I think I may nearly be there with XvMC VLD decoding ...

Terry

Terry,

Just wondering. Am I supposed to use your xvmc_vld_3 and 4.patch or are these issues fixed with the code Daniel checked in to fix the OSD?
I'm asking because I get prebuffers with xvmc-vld on my epia M10000 with current cvs (without your patches). The prebuffers get worse when the osd is displayed.

Steven