Wow look at what my interest has started.  Glad to see there's alot of
interest in commercial flagging.  Looks like we will all enjoy better
commercial flagging in future releases of myth.

Would it help to limit the frequency of scene change detection.
Something like the shortest scene possible is 3 seconds.  This would
help with the fades...also if you look at the average energy trend in
the frames surrounding a scene change you should be able to detect the
fade.  Crossfades and wipes or some other sort of transition however
would be more difficult to detect.
--
David