On Tuesday 12 July 2005 13:58, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Tue 12 July 2005 17:48, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > >I have mfd running - but no mfe to test it with ;)
> >
> > You can test it with iTunes...
>
> The Windows or Mac only software ....

There *are* a few Linux (and some platform-independent Java)
DAAP-enabled programs.  Most of them seem to be pretty short on
features (i.e., no iTunes-like interface), or they seem to be
semi-abandonware.  However, you can probably find something that will
at least allow you to confirm that your mfd is working.

I'm still wondering why no one has added DAAP support to some of the
popular Linux media players, like XMMS, or any of the KDE or GNOME
media players (amarok, JuK, Kaboodle, Noatun, Rhythmbox, etc...)

There's TunesBrowser, but it's only at v. 0.30 and too unstable to work
(at least, it crashed on me).

There's also an alpha-quality DAAP VFS module for GNOME that can make a
DAAP share appear as a block device under Nautilus and any other
GNOME-enabled software (Rhythmbox), but that, too seems to be unstable.

mfd/mfe actually seem to be the most feature-rich and stable of all of
them.

-JAC