My guess would be DecoderBase::SyncPositionMap(), which copies
portions of the position map from the backend to the frontend.
I believe this tries to only copy the new portions of the position
map, and there may be some problems with how position map resets
are handled.

But it could also be a problem with the position map itself, in
which case DTVRecorder::HandleKeyframe(void) or TVRec could be
the problem. I think this less likely.

I can only get this to happen with the DVB card. The PVR-150 I have works fine.

I'll try and figure out what the code does now!