Did I miss somthing or does this mean that MythTV is moving away from
supporting Hardware decoding SAT cards like the skystar1 ? As far as I know
they dont(or didnt) support TS recording only PS ?

Looks like I was mistaken on this. The Skystar1 cards _can_ record in TS mode, in myth, they are simply incapable of recording the raw original TS.

There is one bug though, the current (?) dvbrecorder.cpp does a check for hardware_decoding, and then ensures that only one Audio, and one Video PID is selected. But if you then choose TS, dvbrecorder.cpp fails to check for multiple subtitles and multiple teletext / AC3. On my setup if i use TS, choosing BBC prime on hotbird selects 1 audio, 1 video, and 6 subtitles, and myth segfaults. As long as there is only one Teletext, or one subtitle pid present then all is well.

best regards,

john