Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 09:29 -0600, Chris Dos wrote:
Tried the various settings. Using the Extra Audio Buffering option causes a blue screen to be displayed when trying to watch HD.

Aha!

I don't think anyone has been able to get HDTV working without
"Extra Audio Buffering". You have to try another soundcard...

I installed the Audigy card. Configured Myth to use it via ALSA:default and /dev/dsp. Upgraded to 7611 and that fixed the blue screen problem when turning on the "Extra audio buffering" option.

If I turn on "Extra audio buffering" and "Use video as a timebase" I get a little video and audio blip every 5-10 seconds. It's like it looses 1-2 frames and has to adjust during the blip. Kinda annoying.

If I just have "Extra audio buffering" enabled, it will play perfect for about 8-10 seconds and then start giving me small stutters. I think it might be running out of buffers in this case. If I have the "Extra audio buffering" turned off, it stutters really bad. Is there a way to increase the size of the buffers?

I'm still at a complete loss why 18.1 played perfectly well on my hardware and current SVN is having problems. But that is what we are trying to figure out.

        Chris