Dave Just wrote:
Me too! Another voice of encouragement: using the RSS feed from Gallery sounds like an excellent idea.

Well I spent a little while looking at the RSS thing for Gallery 2, and realised that there isn't an official RSS feed generator module yet!!!

I found one here: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gallery-contrib/rss/ but it doens't seem to return a full heirarchy of the gallery, just individual images.

I had previously assumed that the RSS feed was just like viewing the gallery itself, and we'd be able to follow the links in the feeds as if navigating down the heirarchy. Unfortunatly I can't seem to make this module do that. The functionality may be there somewhere, so I'll look into the code a bit and see if I can figure it out.

Failing the feed as a workable solutions, I'll take a look at the remote protocol built into G2.

Failing that there is an XML-RPC based interface module that should do the job.

Col