Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
Have you tried replacing the malloc with a memalign(16,
outbuf_size)?
Yeah I had tried that yesterday and it was still giving me the segv, so I started digging into libavcodec since it seemed to be the problem. About 30 minutes into it, I went digging in the svn log for the mpegvideo_mmx_template.c thinking I was seeing a regression, then saw the changes in HEAD. So it turned out to be not mpeg2fix related at all.

mpeg2fix-0.10 works great, no infinite loops, no segfaults. Just QMAT_SHIFTs. I'll check the quality on the resultant cuts later today for blockiness or other artifacts. Thanks for all your work so far!