Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
I'd want the .yuv and corresponding .enc files after the cut (as I
said earlier, use imagemagik's 'display' to ensure you got the one you
want).  I expect that the .yuv file will look ok (none of those
blocks), but if not, that is a bad sign right there.
For simplicity sake, I only did one cut point in the file close to the beginning. http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/fi/pvr150/bmayland.mpeg2fix.tar.gz In there are the yuv and enc files. One yuv looks like it has some bad blocks in it (the bottom should not be green), one looks good (from after the cut). The mp2f_cut.2 is a -d2 output from the whole 1.5GB file, the mp2f_cut.3.cut is the first 2000 lines of -d3.
you get them  by using '-d 3' and you should send me 100 lines or so
before  the corresponding 'Converting ...' line (and probably 100lines
after too for good measure).  Also let me know if you are seeing those
QMAT_SHIFT messages.
   Yes, I'm getting QMAT_SHIFT warnings on these.
If after all of that, I can't figure out what is going on, I could use
the 1st bit of your video, with a relevant cut point to duplicate the
issue.  Or if you prefer, you could do both, and save some back and
forth e-mail.
I've put the file up too, the first 20MB contains the area I cut in this example. I've also tried cutting in a lot of other places in the file just to test, with similar results. You may want to start this downloading while you look at the other file, since this pipe is only 1/2 a T1. The end of the file might get messy since I just cut it with a dd.
http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/fi/pvr150/testinsmall.mpg

I appreciate you looking at these, and feel free to email me directly if you need anything else.