I'm considering the option of forcing AutoExpire of LiveTV after
X number of days, this would take precedence over the normal expire if
we had lots of free space, but LiveTV recordings would still AutoExpire
first if we got low on space.  I can see how people with 1TB of space
wouldn't want LiveTV files from 4 years ago hanging around filling
up their drive just because they never ran out of space.

I'm also considering adding a setting to "hide" LiveTV recordings in
the "All Programs" virtual recording group, defaulting to OFF.  So in
order to see LiveTV recordings, you'd have to change to the LiveTV
Recording Group if you had this feature turned ON.

The combination of these two is a good solution imho. I would default the
hide feature to ON, as that mimics existing (0.18) behaviour.

Regards
David