cardboil wrote:

Based on my limited understanding, it appears that the commercial skip algorithm uses blank frame and/or logo detection to flag the start and end of commercials. Some of my TV channels (non-U.S.) don't insert blank frames or change logos during commercial breaks and I'd like to figure out other mechanisms to track start/end points.

Any ideas people have tried?

Also, can you point me to some detailed info on how the current commercial skip algorithm works?

Myth currently supports:
1) Blank frame
2) Scene change
3) Blank frame with scene change
4) Logo (the little channel identifier logo)
255) All (combines all the above--basically blank frame with scene change and logo)

So, my recommendation is to set it to use All and it should work on your channels with blank frames and/or logos, and will do better than just blank frame or logo on the ones without. Set it in Settings.

Mike