I record video with mythtv off my PVR-350. When I play it back in xine it looks fine, but when I tell xine to take a screen shot, it comes out squished.

When I play it back in xine with "automatic" aspect ratio, it seems to play in the 4:3 aspect ratio. If I set the aspect ratio to "square" it looks squished. If I set the aspect ratio to "4:3" it looks good. No matter what aspect ratio I set it to, when I tell xine to take a snapshot, it comes out squished (like it does in the "square" aspect ratio).

I'm wondering if the Setup > TV Settings > Recording Profiles > MPEG , Encoders > Default > Width & Height settings have something to do with it. I think they are at the defaults, but I have no idea what they should be or how they would affect things:

  == Image Size ==
  Width: 480
  Height: 480
  == Video Compression ==
  Stream Type: MPEG-2 PS
  Aspect Ratio: 4:3
  Bitrate: 4500
  Max. Bitrate: 6000
  == Audio Quality ==
  Sampling Rate: 32000
  Type: Layer II
  Bitrate: 384kbs
  Volume (%): 50

Are those all good for the PVR-350?

FWIW, When I use nuvexport to do the mpeg2cut, it reports the video size is 720x480 MPEG. So, I'm thinking of changing the image size settings in myth to 720x480, but I'd just be twiddling a knob with no understanding about what I am doing.