Kayne wrote:

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 10:07, Jim Gifford wrote:

Kayne wrote:

I am looking for information on anyone who has actually made mythtv tune
a Directv (thomson) D10 reciever.  I have searched hi and low for days
and have not found many results.  Interfacing to IR or serial I have no
preference as long as it works.  If you can help me find this
information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Kayne Kruse

I use a serial cable from http://www.dtvcontrol.com/. I also use this script to change the channels, with the following modification http://tarek.2y.net/myth/RCA.pl/

Change my $serial=init_serial("/dev/cua1","9600"); to
my $serial=init_serial("/dev/ttyS0","9600"); for COM1
my $serial=init_serial("/dev/ttyS1","9600"); for COM2

So you were able to make RCA.pl work with a serial cable? I'll have to review my wiring. I wonder if the serial port on the receiver is not enabled or if you had to enable the port on the D10 some how.

Kayne

Make sure the user is a member of the uucp group, that was the only other issue I had with fedora.

--
----
Jim Gifford