alright, I will now confess to my Newb-ness. How can I tell what version of ivtv I am using? BTW, did you go to FC2 from FC1? how was that transition? The main reason I wanted to go back to FC1 is I have the files already downloaded and burned.

thanks, George --- David George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/16/2004 1:08 PM, George Lopez wrote:

>I did read the reboot suggestion on the list. >Unfortunately it did not help. The paste of >commands/output is post-reboot. Any other ideas? >Kind of stuck on my FC3 install and am about to start >over but with an FC1 install. (have not gotten sound >to work either {at least not consistently}, but was >not too worried since I will be running the .nuv files >through another computer). > > What version of ivtv are you using? I am currently using 0.2.0-rc2u (just haven't gotten around to trying newer ones yet).

In any case. There isn't any need to go back to FC1, just use FC2. I switched to FC2 when it first came out and have never looked back to FC1.

--
David

I ran into the same problem while reinstalling FC3 from scratch.

I found this thread saying to try (but didn't work for me):
    #  sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=4096
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/92068?search_string=cannot%20allocate%20memory;#92068

and then found this thread which just increases the number (worked for me):
    #  sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=16384
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/97209?search_string=cannot%20allocate%20memory;#97209

Hope that helps

TOM