Glad to hear you're making progress. The image really should be
centred, the signal is as close to spec as possible. Are you sure that
you haven't set Myth to recentre the image? You might have done that
for you're previous S-video out and haven't reverted it...

Assuming that's not the case you have two options (1) use Myth config
options to offset the display X and Y to centre the picture or (2)
mess with the modeline slightly to alter the front/back porch lengths
for both horizontal and vertical, just make sure you keep the sync
widths the same.

Option 1 would fix Myth put would still mean that other programs, e.g.
Mplayer/Xine/Ogle are off-centre. Option 2 requires a bit of
experimentation put would result in all programs being centred.

Steve