Michael Starks wrote:

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 16:16 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

Hi,

How much of the packages are ready to go for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0?

I started of with FC3 only because Jarod's guide made it look like a
jiffy.

However I am not that big a fan of the short lifespan of Fedora Core sets.
So I have used TAO linux for a number of installations. This is in effect
a RHEL 3.0 clone with the advantage of having the long lifespan.

I know what you mean about Fedora. I have been thinking of switching to a different distro because of that.

I haven't tried Myth on an Enterprise III system, but I can tell you
that I help to administer some EIII servers, and that they don't seem
much different than RH9.0 and Fedora Core II.  I bet it would work fine.

afiak rhel is still on the 2.4 kernel which I think makes you jump through a few more hoops to get a working system.

--
http://www.umich2.com