On 12/17/2004 07:48 PM, nate s wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:01:56 -0500 (EST), Cory Papenfuss
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It is about $45 cheaper, and some wonder if it might even be better, though
that remains to be seen.

       I'm one of the ones thinking it might be.  The video capture chip
(not the MPEG encoder) has the potential to capture higher resolution than
the Philips chip on the 250 and 350.

hadn't heard that it could capture higher resolutions.  Do you
perhaps have a link to a page with more info on it?

Cory is not talking about capture size--the PVR-150 is limited to Full D1 resolution (i.e. 720x480 NTSC or 720x576) just like the PVR-{2,3}50. Instead, he's talking about luminance resolution. I'll let him explain it to you. :)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/14904#14904
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/16239#16239

Mike