Craig H Fry wrote:

By far the easiest way I have found to setup LVM is with WebAdmin. It also makes it a snap to back up your mythconverg database as well. I currently have two drives with LVM partitions for a /video mount. That mount also contains the database backup. Now I can reinstall, import the database back in and viola I'm back up and running without any lost programming. Works like a charm.