Tom Pruett wrote:

I've been trying to get the IR remote working with MythTV for some time. I've followed the instructions in section 22.2 of the MythTV documentation to the letter, several times! IRW works fine and shows the proper label for each button I press on the remote. I modified settings.pro and recompiled and reinstalled MythTV, but pressing buttons on the remote does nothing inside MythTV.

I'm using Mandrake 9.2, MythTV 0.15.1 and lirc-0.7.0pre2.

Did you put your LIRC configuration into ~/.mythtv/lircrc instead of ~/.lircrc? MythTV uses a different location for LIRC commands than other programs

Kevin