Unfortunately I just bought a motherboard with only 2 PCI slots and one serial connector-- both of which will have PVR's in them. While I can likely add wireless networking through USB or Access Points, serial ports are more difficult I think. Basically I plan on using the PVR-350 to receiver IR commands from my remote and additionally use LIRC to control DirecTV receivers through serial cable control.

Because I won't have an available PCI slot for a serial port card, can I use a usb to serial device with Linux/LIRC support so that at least one of the directv boxes can be controlled through this usb adapter? If so, what kind of USB to Serial adapters should I purchase? Any additionally Linux drivers necessary?

Thanks for the assistance.

Drew