In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Tom Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>           Martin Ebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 17:43 +0000, Christopher McEwan wrote:
>> > The atrpms do seem to have DVB support compiled into it, but no matter
>> > what I do I cant get any DVB quality information back, even although I
>> > have enabled it to check every minute or so.
>> >
>> > This may ofcourse be a problem at my end, like me forgetting to tick a
>> > checkbox somewhere else ;)
>>
>> DVB quality information has never worked for me, either. 0.15 and 0.16.
>> I've not got round to looking into it, but would certainly like to get
>> it working.
>>
>> I've seen others post to this list about it not working, but never seen
>> an answer on why not. Does anyone get DVB quality information?
>
> Nope. I turned it on but I've seen no sign of any statistics so far.

I believe this commit to dvbrecorder.cpp is the cause:

revision 1.36
date: 2004-06-15 07:27:59 +0000;  author: ijr;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -0
Disable the broken DVB signal monitor thread.

That was secondary to a report from Nick Craig-Wood about crashes
in the signal monitor thread due to the db_lock disappearing.

I can't see any sign of anybody investigating it since and there's
no obvious problem in the code that I can see.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/