I have just ordered an in-dash touch-screen monitor for my car:

   <http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGA.htm>

and I am trying to decide wether to keep my current Mac Laptop with iTunes for my car Stereo or switch to a Linux/MythTV solution. My current trunk computer (an iBook Macintosh) has a about 12,000 songs on it and I love the setup, but the dashboard input has been wanting. I hope that the new touchscreen display will solve this issue, but now that I use MythTV in the house, I thought that it might be nice to use a common interface. Has anyone else done this and what are the pitfalls that I might run into with MythTV running on a laptop computer in the trunk? I have not been able to look at MythMusic yet as it will not install on my FC 3 system. Is it as capable as iTunes? -Chuck-